The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the
orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable
requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all
events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to
have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS
OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR
REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport
and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant,
spectator, or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate
deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further
restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable
requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF
SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF
SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation of the rules is left to
the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
The Management of Tennessee National Raceway Inc.
PRINT FRIENDLY VERSION OF RULES
STREET STOCK RULES 2014
1. Any 1960 or newer full size car with 101” minimum – wheel
2. No hulling except for the drivers door.
3. All glass must be removed and a minimum of three, 3/8” diameter steel rods, added to
the windshield area in front of the driver.
4. All upholstery, headlights, tail lights, mirrors, chrome and all flammable materials
must be removed.
5. Minimum cutting for the tire clearance is allowed.
6. A track approved roll cage with padded roll bars in driver area is required. Roll
cage must be welded to frame. All doors must be welded or bolted shut.
7. Racing seat, harness and window net is required and must be used anytime the car
is on the track.
8. Front and rear stock bumpers
Must be no larger than a Chevy 350, Ford 351, or a Dodge 360. Maximum cubic in is 362 – Mopar – 365 cubic inch.
A. Pistons can be 2 or 4 eyebrow cast or hypereutectic. Forged are not allowed.
B. Compression may not exceed 155 lbs., using track gauge.
C. Rods must be factory and stock length, I-Beam rods only, NO H-Beams, floating pins are allowed; crankshaft must
be stock with no alterations except main and or rod journal grinding. May use stock replacement rotating kit.
Engine balancing is permitted. Rods can have ARP
D. Any hydraulic cam with a maximum of .480” valve lift and stock style lifters. No
High vacuum, solid or roller lifters are allowed.
E. No vacuum
F. Heads must be stock factory cast iron only. No 300 horse, aftermarket or Vortec
heads allowed. Open chamber heads only.
G. Screw in studs and guide plates. Stock style rocker arms only; no roller or
H. Stock cast iron, intake manifolds only. No high rise allowed. Carb spacer may
Be used but will be no thicker than 1”. Maximum distance between carb base
plate and intake not to exceed 1.080”; including gaskets.
I. Carburetor must be stock 2 barrel or 4 barrel Qaudrajet. Fords can run Holley
600 cfm vac., secondary out of the box. Choke rod, plate and linkage may be
removed. Choke tower (air horn) must remain intact. Jetting is allowed.
J. Stock exhaust manifolds. Headers are optional.
K. May run stock oil pan, racing pan is optional – 1 kickout –claimer pan.
L. Ignition must be factory type: Example:GM must be HEI. No MSD allowed.
M. After-market bolts may be used, Example; ARP; Main studs are allowed.
N. Any type breather and valve covers are allowed.
9. All suspension must be stock. Relocating shocks, using panhard bars, racing
shocks., will not be allowed.
10. Automatic transmissions only. Must have working torque converter. No direct
11. Stock rear ends may be locked. 9” Ford rear ends allowed in any car make for
safety. Floater rear ends allowed.
12. Steel wheels only, must not exceed 8” wide. White spokes wheels are allowed.
13. Tires 275 60 series Street Radial. No mud grips, racing tires or recaps. Bead
locks on right side only.
14. Car must weigh 3500 lbs., with driver after feature race.
15. Fuel cells are mandatory.
16. Maximum 4” high spoiler allowed.
17. Aluminum radiators are okay.
18. Stock means stock – if it doesn’t say it- you cannot run it.
19. Racing spring on right front only
20. After market shock right front only
21. After market Power Steering and pulleys allowed
22. No quick steer
Tech official may penalize any car not conforming to rules with weight*