The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the
orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable
requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all
events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to
have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS
OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR
REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport
and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant,
spectator, or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate
deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further
restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable
requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF
SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF
SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation of the rules is left to
the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
The Management of Tennessee National Raceway Inc.
PRINT FRIENDLY VERSION OF RULES
MODIFIED STREET RULES 2014
1. BODY RULES:
– Look alike bodies; factory type or Reproduction Aluminum Panels OK, Body must look Stock
– 1964 or newer OEM perimeter American rear-wheel drive passenger car frame only
– Minimum Wheelbase 101"
– Hulling out around wheels & tires are okay
– Spoilers – 8” Maximum
– Upper control arms can be tubular but no adjustable
– Wedge bolts – all 4 corners are okay
– Racing Springs and shocks are okay – steel-non-adjustable
– Floor pans must be stock or steel; right side of car can be stock and/or boxed
– Frame connectors for unibody cars mandatory
– No 400 Blocks
– Engine setbacks – spark plug even with ball joints
– Compression not to exceed 175 lbs.(5 lb tolerance)
– Cam shafts not to exceed 480 lift
– Solid or hydraulic lift cams okay
– No roller cams
– Maximum .480" valve lift, measured at camshaft lift
– All steel motors
– Screw in main cap bolts (ARP), etc.
– Rod bolts (ARP) okay
– Aluminum radiators are okay
– Stock replacement kits allowed; forged pistons are allowed
– 5.7” or 6” Rods – I Beam Rods only
– No Vacuum
– Any ignition – No magnetos
– Stock Vortex head – GM – etc., No bow tie heads
– 300 Horse heads are okay
– All heads must be straight plug heads
– 202 Largest valve size
– Stock heads – No racing heads – Dart, Pro, World, etc.
– Roller Rocker arms are permitted
– Screw in studs and guide plates are okay
– Fans & pulleys are optional
– After market power steering pumps are allowed
– Oil pan - can be 1 kickout – claimer pan with windage trays and oil gates
– No stroke or d stroke motors
– After market brakes are okay
– Adjusters for brakes are okay
6. REAR END:
– Stock – 9” Ford or floater rear ends are okay
– Panhard bars; 4 links stock
– No 5th arms
– Trailing arms must be in stock location – and can be adjustable – steel only
– If mount on car has to be replaced it must be same size and in stock position
– Panhard bars – must be connected to back side of rear end
– No Berts, Brinns, Falcons,
– Triple disk okay – automatic okay
– NO DIRECT DRIVES
– American Racer G60 or KK704 stamped or non-stamped tires are permitted.
– Hoosier G60, stamped or non-stamped are permitted. H500 will be permitted.
– Any Steel Belted D.O.T. 60 series tire. 275/60/15 Maximum. No Mud/Snow tires.
– Grooving and/or siping is permitted
– Altering tires with any chemicals which alter the manufacturer's baseline-settings of the tire is not allowed.
– Rear Tires must punch 55 at anytime.
– Steel Wheels only
– Must be 15" in diameter and up to 10" in width max.
– Steel bead locks may be used on the right side only.
– Wheel covers are permitted on right side wheels only. Inner mud plugs are permitted.
– Wide five wheel adaptors are not allowed.
– Steel or aluminum spacer between hub and wheel is permitted, but overall width of racecar cannot exceed 78".
– 3200 lbs – with driver after race
– Quick steer is okay
*Tech official may penalize any car not conforming to the rules with weight*