Tennessee National Raceway/ Thunderhill Raceway
MINI STOCK RULES 2015
1. BODIES: 1971- 2004.
– Any compact or sub-compact front or rear wheel drive must have full stock body, firewall and floor plan.
– Trucks are permitted: must be all stock for that vehicle.
– No extended cab or long bed truck.
– All parts on racecar must be stock except where noted. Any infraction may require weight penalty.
– After market hoods, bodies and bumpers ok.
– Radiator protection bar must not be forward of the bumper.
– Bumpers do not have to be stock, but must not be wider than the fenders.
– Rear spoilers - ok, 8” maximum.
– Front and rear wrecker hooks are mandatory, but must not extend past bumper.
– Cockpit style interior and skirting are permitted.
– Frames: Unibody must be reinforced - MANDATORY.
– Racing seat, harness, window net, fire ext. fuel cell, three 3/8 rods in front of driver, full fire suit, and
approved helmet. (Required at all times)
2. SUSPENSION: must be stock type.
– After market type springs and shocks ok. Must be in stock location.
– Alternations of upper or lower control arms and spring buckets are not permitted.
– Cars with leaf springs may have adjustable shackled- sliders on each leaf spring.
– Jack bolts all four corners will be allowed.
3. WHEELS: Steel - 8” width max. Off set permitted.
– Bead locks-right side only but not mandatory.
4. TIRES: 8” 60 series street radials only. No racing tires, recaps, etc. No 50 series tires.
5. ENGINES: 2300 cc max.
– Rods – 5.2 or 5.4
– Stock Crank
– Pistons – Cast – Hypertectic Coating is allowed
– Any hydraulic cam and lifter is okay
– No roller cam or lifter of any type
– No dual overhead cams – Heads: decking of head is okay –No porting or polishing of head of intake
– Valves must be stock size for head
– Heads can be bow cut ¾” from seat of valve (no tolerance on bow cut)
– Fuel injected intakes allowed
– No porting or polishing
– No After Market intakes
–1” Adapter – No tolerance
– Maximum compression 170
6. Electric fuel pumps will be allowed but must have shut off going to oil pressure switch and approved by Tech
Any fuel lines that are routed the interior of vehicle must be in solid conduit.
7. Toyota-Nissan 2000 cc etc.
6. TRANSMISSIONS: Must be stock OEM type with all working gears in standard shift, automatic transmission must have working torque converter.
– Clutch: Factory OEM and fly wheel.
–Fly wheel must weigh 13 lbs. min.
– Scatter-proof bell housing recommended.
7. WEIGHT: weight of cars after race with driver - 2200 lbs.
8. BRAKES: Rear disc ok. Must be OEM rotors & calipers. After market pedals & master cylinders optional.
9. Any header.
10. ANYTHING NOT LISTED WILL BE AT TRACKS DISCRETION BY TECH MAN. IF IT’S NOT WRITTEN, YOU CAN’T RUN IT!
11. Track discretion to check any number of cars when track feels it is necessary.
12. PROTEST RULE: $250.00 – Bore, stroke, and bottom end checked. $50.00 going to track
*Tech official may penalize any car not conforming to rules with weight*
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the
orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable
requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all
events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to
have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS
OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR
REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport
and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant,
spectator, or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate
deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further
restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable
requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF
SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF
SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation of the rules is left to
the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
The Management of Tennessee National Raceway Inc.
Saturday April 4: TNR all classes racing
Saturday April 11: Tennessee National Raceway Points Begin KMSA
Saturday April 18: RESCHEDULED DUE TO WEATHER Tennessee National Raceway USCS Thunder Outlaw 360 Sprints plus $1000 to WIN EMOD Summer Shoot Out #1
Saturday April 25: Tennessee National Raceway USCS Thunder Outlaw 360 Sprints $700 to WIN MINI STOCK Summer Shoot Out #1 PLUS $500 to win EMOD, Open Wheel, Modified Street, LLM/CRATE & Street Stock
Saturday May 3: $900 to WIN EMOD Summer Shoot Out #1 Make-up
Saturday May 9: Modified Street $700 to WIN Summer Shootout #1, Open Wheel, Emod, LLM, Mini Stock, Street Stock, Outlaw Stock & Dwarf
Saturday May 16: TNR all classes racing: LLM, open wheel, emod, street stock, mod street, outlaw stock, mini stock, dwarf
Saturday May 23: SOUTHERN ALL STARS SUPER LATE MODELS
Saturday May 30: $700 to win mini stock shootout #1 makeup plus all classes running TNR
***ALL DATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO WEATHER OR ANYTHING ELSE UNFORSEEN***
General Admission: Adults $10 * Kids 12 & Under FREE with a paying adult
Pits: Adults $30 * Kids 6-12 $10 * Kids 5 & Under FREE
*TICKET PRICES ARE BASED ON REGULAR EVENTS. PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE FOR SPECIAL EVENTS.
Gates Open at 3 pm
Drivers meeting 6:30 pm
Racing 7:00 PM