Tennessee National Raceway/ Thunderhill Raceway
MINI STOCK RULES 2015
1. BODIES: 1971- 2004.
Any compact or sub-compact front or rear wheel drive must have full stock body, firewall and floor plan.
Trucks are permitted: must be all stock for that vehicle.
No extended cab or long bed truck.
All parts on racecar must be stock except where noted. Any infraction may require weight penalty.
After market hoods, bodies and bumpers ok.
Radiator protection bar must not be forward of the bumper.
Bumpers do not have to be stock, but must not be wider than the fenders.
Rear spoilers - ok, 8” maximum.
Front and rear wrecker hooks are mandatory, but must not extend past bumper.
Cockpit style interior and skirting are permitted.
Frames: Unibody must be reinforced - MANDATORY.
Racing seat, harness, window net, fire ext. fuel cell, three 3/8 rods in front of driver, full fire suit, and
approved helmet. (Required at all times)
2. SUSPENSION: must be stock type.
After market type springs and shocks ok. Must be in stock location.
Alternations of upper or lower control arms and spring buckets are not permitted.
Cars with leaf springs may have adjustable shackled- sliders on each leaf spring.
Jack bolts all four corners will be allowed.
3. WHEELS: Steel - 8” width max. Off set permitted.
Bead locks-right side only but not mandatory.
4. TIRES: 8” 60 series street radials only. No racing tires, recaps, etc. No 50 series tires.
5. ENGINES: 2300 cc max.
Rods 5.2 or 5.4
Pistons Cast Hypertectic Coating is allowed
Any hydraulic cam and lifter is okay
No roller cam or lifter of any type
No dual overhead cams Heads: decking of head is okay No porting or polishing of head of intake
Valves must be stock size for head
Heads can be bow cut ¾” from seat of valve (no tolerance on bow cut)
Fuel injected intakes allowed
No porting or polishing
No After Market intakes
1” Adapter No tolerance
Maximum compression 170
6. Electric fuel pumps will be allowed but must have shut off going to oil pressure switch and approved by Tech
Any fuel lines that are routed the interior of vehicle must be in solid conduit.
7. Toyota-Nissan 2000 cc etc.
6. TRANSMISSIONS: Must be stock OEM type with all working gears in standard shift, automatic transmission must have working torque converter.
Clutch: Factory OEM and fly wheel.
Fly wheel must weigh 13 lbs. min.
Scatter-proof bell housing recommended.
7. WEIGHT: weight of cars after race with driver - 2200 lbs.
8. BRAKES: Rear disc ok. Must be OEM rotors & calipers. After market pedals & master cylinders optional.
9. Any header.
10. ANYTHING NOT LISTED WILL BE AT TRACKS DISCRETION BY TECH MAN. IF IT’S NOT WRITTEN, YOU CAN’T RUN IT!
11. Track discretion to check any number of cars when track feels it is necessary.
12. PROTEST RULE: $250.00 Bore, stroke, and bottom end checked. $50.00 going to track
*Tech official may penalize any car not conforming to rules with weight*
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the
orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable
requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all
events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to
have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS
OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR
REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport
and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant,
spectator, or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate
deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further
restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable
requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF
SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF
SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation of the rules is left to
the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
The Management of Tennessee National Raceway Inc.